I am not crazy about New Year’s Resolutions, because why set myself up for failure and self-flagellation? But this year I wrote down several, just so that I might have goals to keep in mind. I will inevitably fail at almost all of them. In fact, I have already failed at #6. Still, this is what I’d like to accomplish this year, and I’ve read that if I share them with the public, it makes the fanciful (i.e., not failing at my resolutions within the month) “possible.” Here goes, ten days late:
- Write more. (Which is why I’m blogging on 5tern.com every Wednesday.)
- Read more. (Less Netflix. Less chess. Less looking inside the fridge every 5 minutes at night.)
- Give, take, and pass on less offense. (I’m not talking basketball.)
- Be more forgiving and less pushy. (With everybody else.)
- Be more pushy and less forgiving. (With myself.)
- Use less parentheses.