I am not crazy about New Year’s Resolutions, because why set myself up for failure and self-flagellation? But this year I wrote down several. I will inevitably fail with all of them. In fact, I have already failed at #6.
Still, this is what I’d like to accomplish this year, and I’ve read that if I share them with the public, it makes the fanciful possible. Here goes:
- Write more. (Which is why I’m blogging on 5tern.com every Wednesday.)
- Read more. (Less Netflix. Less chess. Less looking inside the fridge every 5 minutes at night.)
- Give, take, and pass on less offense. (I’m not talking basketball.)
- Be more forgiving and less pushy. (With everybody else.)
- Be more pushy and less forgiving. (With myself.)
- Use less parentheses.
6 thoughts on “My 2019 Resolutions”
Go go baby bro!!! Great news for the rest of the world that you’re gonna blog more…. I selfishly especially hope you keep to that one (and all others of course!)
Love you, way-too-generous big sistah!
So happy you are going to write more. And one of my resolutions is now (hey it’s still January) to be less pushy and more forgiving of my baby brother if he’ll allow it.
Snickers…use less parenthesis…good luck with that! Smart people have parenthesis issues. Hello. My name is Jennifer and I’m a parenthetic clause addict.
(My name is Brendan and we have something in common. We’re addicts.)
You’re so interеѕting! I don’t belіeve I’ve read something like that before.
So great to find someone with genuine thoughts on this issue.
Really.. many thanks for starting this uр. Tһis sіte іs one thing
that is needed on the web, someone with some originality!